Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Times We Shared








The past six week in the B.I.T.S program have been a blast! It was learning experience for me because it was the first job i've ever had and it really taught me how to work with people from different backgrounds and beliefs than mine and it's taught me to be more open. My job here at B.I.T.S was to work with senior citizens and people with disabilities ,even though we only went to one senior home that was the highlight of this whole program for me because i love working with seniors. I am fortunate enough to still have my great grandmother as well as my grandmother living and i make sure i do everything i can to make them happy and comfortable so i am very compassionate towards seniors. There couldn't have been a better group for me than the emergency prepardness group because being able to help someone is my passion that's why my dream is to teach and i think my group members and I did a wonderful job presenting to the seniors the safest and most effective ways to evacuate a building during a disaster and informing them about the items that would be necessary for them to take with them in case they have to go to a shelter. If i had to re-do these six weeks over again i would not change a thing i enjoyed myself and my mentors were great they taught us that work doesn't have to be a boring and you don't have to follow the same routine, because everyday we were engaging in something new and exciting like making podcasts and blogging those all were new to me so the B.I.T.S program introduced alot of new technology to me and things i had know idea exsisted this was a the most exciting first job ever.

-Jessica




No comments:

Post a Comment