Thursday, August 13, 2009

All Good Things Must Come To A End!


Hi my name is Sharday! I have been a intern at the BITS Program for 6 weeks. The experience here has been a great one. My group the Emergency Preparedness has had great opportunities come our way over the course of the program. For example, we visited Yorktown Senior Citizen Home. That was an experience I will never forget. We meet with some of the senior citizens and presented our powerpoint to them. Our powerpoint consisted of things you will need and do in case of a disater occurs. A great sense of joy overcame me when I saw their smiling faces thanking us for not forgetting them. They were happy that people like myself showed a concern for them. We provided them with information and handouts to keep them updated with things thats occuring everyday.
All in all visiting Yorktown Senior Citizen Home has taught me to show concern for others. There are times in life when you feel all alone but you should always remember thats what friends are for. Im so glad I had the chance to experience such wonderful things this summer! I think everyone who helped me get to this point in my life. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment